Note: Not all programs are offered each semester. Please contact CIEP admissions if you are unsure whether the program you are interested in will be open.
Participants in the teacher training immersion program will have a customized curriculum, focusing on
developing competence in the English language to successfully approach educational practices and engage students in the classroom. Participants will practice using teaching strategies and develop action plans in one or more workshop areas. CIEP can offer workshops in course development, classroom management, incorporating listening/speaking activities, teacher reflection, plagiarism, engaging large classes, instructing mixed levels and abilities, and using authentic materials. A customized curriculum can be developed to focus on one of the workshop areas, or multiple workshops can be combined based on the needs of the group.
- Participate in mentor programs with UNI faculty
- Take Intensive Academic English courses
- Access University resources
- Focus on teaching skills in one or more of the workshop areas.
- Be immersed in U.S. American culture
- Visit educational institutions in the U.S.
- Participate in a conversation partner program
- Meet U.S. faculty, teachers, and local families
- Meet other CIEP students from around the world
- Course development
- Teacher reflection
- Instructing mixed levels/abilities
- Classroom management
- Incorporating listening/speaking
- Engaging large classes
- Using authentic materials