June 9 - July 31
The University of Northern Iowa has transitioned all of our academic and CIEP classes online through the Summer 2020 session. Please see the following regarding the benefits of online classes:
- One benefit of the online program is the flexibility students will have. Classes will meet via the virtual video conference platform Zoom at the same time each day. However, since students will be studying from their homes, students will not have to take all three classes to maintain their Visa status here. They can take one, two, or all three of our classes based on their preference.
- Instructors will still be available for office hours and virtual assistance, similar to on-campus classes. Students will receive feedback from instructors regarding their learning, assignments, and exams during these virtual class times or via virtual office hours.
- Our online classes are more beneficial than other online programs because they are synchronous and interactive; students will receive live constructive and informative feedback from our staff who have been trained to deliver online instruction.
- We are currently offering a 50% Tuition Scholarship for all students for the Summer 2020 session. Students will also not need to pay many of the original fees that come with studying on campus. The new reduced costs of the program are listed in the following sheet: CIEP Online Summer Course Tuition & Fees
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about online classes.
August 17 - October 2
- Arrival Date for International Students: August 3*
- Arrival Date for Residents or Students currently living in the US: August 11
- Orientation begins August 12 at 8:00 a.m.
- Placement testing will be August 13
*The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is recommending that all international travelers into the U.S. stay home for 14 days after their arrival. For the benefit of the community, UNI will be following this recommendation and will require all students coming from overseas to self-isolate for 14 days. For more information on this process, please see Update on University Travel
We are now recommending students in need of self-isolating to arrive by August 3 for the Fall 1 Session, if possible.
October 7 - November 30
- Arrival Date: October 2
- Orientation begins October 5 at 8:00 a.m.
- Placement testing will be October 5
January 12 - March 5
- Arrival Date: January 6
- Orientation begins January 7 at 8:00 a.m.
- Placement testing will be January 7
March 10 - May 7
- Arrival Date: March 5
- Orientation begins March 8 at 8:00 a.m.
- Placement testing will be March 8