Note: Not all programs are offered each semester. Please contact the CIEP admissions office if you are unsure whether the program you are interested in will be open.
This English language program focuses on reading and writing skills. Through critical thinking exercises, cultural analysis, and written assignments, participants will develop English academic skills.
CIEP's cultural activities have included:
- Celebrating American holidays
- Carrying out traditions with American families
- Baseball games
- Art festivals
- Visiting the Iowa State Capitol building
- Nature hikes
- Conversation hours with both U.S. American students and retirees
Who Should Apply?
- Professionals or University students with an intermediate knowledge of English (Minimum of B1 level on the Common European Framework, IELTS score of 5, or a TOEFL iBT score of 17).
- Students who want to know more about American culture.