Note: Not all programs are offered each semester. Please contact the CIEP admissions office if you are unsure whether the program you are interested in will be open.
Students in the Business English program will focus on improving their English language skills while learning business terminology and participating in business visits. Students will also have the opportunity to engage in cultural activities and experiences.
- Engage in 60 hours of English language instruction, business communication courses, and cultural activities
- Visit local, national, and international organizations and companies such as: John Deere, Rada Cutlery, Monsanto Huxley Learning Center, The World Food Prize, John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center, and Mill Race Co-Working
- Experience U.S. American family life through host family weekend
- Improve English skills through an accredited English program in the U.S.
- Travel to Des Moines, the capital of Iowa, for cultural experiences and activities
- Gain critical thinking and cultural analysis skills
- Experience courses at an accredited U.S. university
Who Should Apply?
Professionals or university students with an intermediate/high knowledge of English (Approximately B1 level on the Common European Framework, IELTS score of 5, or a TOEFL iBT score of 17).
Students who want to develop their English skills and study business communication through an authentic American education experience.